When in the course of Carl-istic events, it becomes clear that film reigns supreme above nearly all things. This is the story of Carl’s story of his journey to tell stories though cinema cinematically. Or something like that:
- I (Carl) wrote, Directed, produced, and shot the strife-filled Still Kickin’.
- Co-wrote, Directed, and shot the action-packed martial arts film A Man of Few Words.
- Transferred to Regent University to study Cinema-Television.
- Directed Photography for the graduate-level comedy Devil’s Snare.
- Assistant Directed and narrated the psycho-drama Blood Never Stops Crying.
- Directed, wrote, edited, and produced the politically charged Everyone Wants to Be President.
- Directed and co-wrote the absurdist comedy Pirates of Canadia : On Stranger Roads for Fortune Cookie 48 Hr. Film Fest.
- Dilly-dallied in experimental film with Understanding is Optional and META.
- Co-directed and starred in the gnarly marketing project Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Nilla Coke.
- Assistant Directed the poignant lone lily.
- Directed, wrote, and produced the fitful hero.
- Directed a series of videos for the Alternate Reality Game produced by TV Tropes.org.
- Wrote and directed the fantasy adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe’s Annabel Lee for my Senior Thesis.
- Began producing content for the web TV channel BangBoomPow.
- Directed the graduate-level “choose-your-own-adventure” web-pilot spy comedy Languishing in Langley for Tixer TV.
- Wrote and Directed Photography for the graduate-level web-pilot sci-fi drama Shatter Box for Tixer TV.
- Directed Photography for the crime thriller Blown Away.
- Graduated from Regent University with my B.A. in Cinema-Television.
- Produced and Directed Photography for Wolf359′s noir short film One Man’s Poison.
- Guest cinematographer for Arche Prouctions‘ music video We Don’t Eat.
- You fund my first feature, which then makes us both a fair amount of cash. More importantly, you have a film which you were involved in to be proud of as an artistic and creative achievement.
- Grad school? I think yes.
- Only the beginning!
- Time travel? I think yes. (Just think: Reality show!)